Matt 6:25-34 “What Me Worry?”
V25 life is more than material things
V26 you are valuable.
V27 worrying does no one any good.
V28 -29 man's work doesn't compare to God's splendor.
V30 -31 if God takes care of the plants won't He take care of us.
V32-33 worldly people focus on worldly things, but Jesus say to seek first God and His kingdom and righteousness and everything else comes back into alignment.
V34 take it as it comes and trust in Him.
- God must be number one but when we are worried about stuff we lose focus of God. (Luke 10 38-42)
- The devil wants us distracted because it pulls our vision from the Lord and we lose.
- When our family has needs won't we do everything within our power to get it, therefore wouldn’t our heavenly Father make provision for us!
- Cf: Psalms 85.10-13; Psalms 118.5-7; Isa 25.1-5; Matt 10.29-31; 2 Cor 9.8-10
- Worry is unbelief!
- Worry is hypocrisy to our faith!
- We are VERY valuable to LORD.
- We are created by Lord to worship Him not only here, but also in the age to come.
- When we begin to worry and we will (we're human) bring yourself back to worshipping Him.
- 2 Cor 10:3-5
As humans beings will at times face times of doubt and worry, but the Lord has reminded us over and over through scripture that He will be there to see us through.
Pastor Dave shared this quote from Corrie Ten Boom she said this about worry, “Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength.”
What a great reminder from a woman who had every opportunity to worry, yet she chose to trust in God and His faithfulness. Friends when the storm hits and we find ourselves giving into the worries of life let us quickly turn our hearts and minds to God. Amen.